It seems that I do find the time to squeeze in a few movies on occasion. So without further ado, here are a few in alphabetical order with my short takes with no spoilers - take a glance, there might be one or two which may peak your interest.
- Blitz: If you are a Jason Statham fan and seek an action flick, then this movie will entertain you all right, although it is a little bit less ridiculous and less action packed than some of his other movies. If you are looking for a deep story with out any holes, you arevprobably better off looking somewhere else.
- Faces in the Crowd: An average crime thriller when all is considered. The idea is fairly original, and while the presence of Milla Jovovich will be enough to satisfy part of the audience, in the end the final execution was simply just a bit lacking.
- Kung Fu Panda 2: I really loved the original one and thought it was super entertaining. Maybe I had my hopes up a bit high for this one, thus when I finally got around to watching it, it was a bit of a let-down. Don't get me wrong, it has great animation, there are many funny scenes, and the dialogue is not half bad, but it lacks the originality of the first one and does not flow nearly as smoothly.
- Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol: A middle of the road action flick in an aging franchise. It is hard at times to take Tom Cruise seriously as of late, which might explain why this latest installment seemed a little more goofy than the previous iterations. Nevertheless, some of the visual effects and scenery are spectacular.
- Melancholia: Well, if you really like artistic movies, you might find something to appreciate in this one. I like artistic movies, but this one is slow, and I mean sloooooow. Yes, it has some fantastic visuals, but if you are watching it late at night, the pace and music of this movie will have you sleeping in no time. It makes The American feel like an action flick!
- The Next Three Days: A fairly good action thriller with a pretty good plot. Hard to watch a Russell Crowe movie and not think about his epic Gladiator movie, but this one it not too shabby either and worth a few minutes of your time.
- The Perfect Host: A very entertaining crime thriller with David Hyde Pierce whom you might remember from Frasier. Interesting plot, twisted, and unpredictable at times - probably one of the better movies I've seen recently.
- Trespass: A home invasion thriller, nothing more and nothing less. Predictable, easy to follow, and decently entertaining without being overly long. An easy movie to watch when there is noting else on the tele.
- Warrior: Not much to say about this one, other than you are better off watching an actual MMA fight over this - unless of course you enjoy lackluster dialogue and an over predictable plot which interrupts the actual fighting.